New morning routine

 At last, I have been able to establish a good morning routine. One that will keep me going for the rest of the day. Somewhere between 9 and 10, I go for a walk before breakfast. I dress in my sportswear, drink a glass of lemon water, and a cup of coffee on the balcony while reading a book. 

 I start my walk directly outside the house and walk towards the see down to Öresund, the strait that separates Sweden and Denmark. There are a camping and a huge park/recreation area, in the summer full of people sunbathing and swimming. This part of the year it is rather empty, just other walkers, with or without dogs, joggers, and swimmers. Yes, there actually are some people swimming even now. 

The bridge between Sweden and Denmark

I usually sit down on a bench overlooking the strait and the bridge between our countries to philosophy for a while. It is wonderfully relaxing, being close to nature and the sea, the wind blowing, more or less. Yes, there is always a wind here. Thereafter I continue my walk around part of the park, passing by the camping and heading home. 

Walking is wonderful because you clear your brain, you can sort out what to do during the day, plan for the future or just think over whatever there is to consider. Once home, after about one hour, I sit down on the balcony with a glass of water and a book to 'sweat off' for a while. A shower and then I am ready for breakfast. Breakfast will take another 30-60 minutes while I enjoy a book, a crossword, or a soduko. After all the rush in the mornings, while working, this feels like the ultimate luxurious mornings.

The bridge between Sweden and Denmark
The bridge between Sweden and Denmark
I have noticed that getting this exercise in the morning it makes me more disciplined and focus on whatever I do during the rest of the day. Not to talk about how good you feel having started the day with some exercise. 


It has taken me quite a few years after retiring before I could get my act together. As they say, better late than never, and I am pleased with this turn. Do you have a special morning routine? 

Comments

  1. Your routine sounds like a very good one. I should start my morning with a walk and in the earlier days of Covid I did before people got out. Then I moved north for the summer (and part of the fall) and I can walk anytime without a big crowd, so now I wait till later in the day. Usually I get up, check mail and blogs while I'm eating breakfast and catch up on the news. Then I get on with the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky with your summer house. What a wonderful area to walk in. Just love the view of the lake. I grew up by a lake so have a special feel for them.
      It is good to have a morning routine and yours sounds like a good way to start the day. For many years after retiring I found it difficult to create a routine at all. Now I am very happy with this one.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A visit to Glimmingehus

Excursions nearby

Visiting Florence, Italy

A trip to Austria

Jenny Lind - 200 year anniversary

Excursions in the vicinity